Re: [Freepto] Freepto Meeting _ 20150505

Author: boyska
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Freepto Meeting _ 20150505
On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 12:19:39PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
>vinc3nt wrote (05 May 2015 21:47:52 GMT) :
>> 2. Debian packaging:
>
>>    - move to a debian standard packaging model

>That is, proper source packages -> binary packages, I guess?

yes. At the moment we have only one "proper source package": that is
freepto-graphics. The others are ugl^H^H^Hsimple equivs-build packages.

>>    - dbuilder [1]

>What's this dbuilder thing? The [1] link below seems to be about
>something totally different.

Indeed. The point here is "learn to package". The links below refer to a
specific package that we'd like to create (thunar-custom-actions) both
because we need it and because it's a way to learn. We hope that little
modification from other thunar-plugins-related debian packages will be
needed, therefore easing the learning curve.

By the way, do you have good resources to link about how to get
comfortable with debian packagement? I know there is plenty of it but...
that's exactly the problem! :)

--
boyska