[Tails-dev] gnupg keyserver-options http-proxy value?

Autor: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Para: Tails development list
Asunto: [Tails-dev] gnupg keyserver-options http-proxy value?
Hi folks--

I was looking at an old Tails instance i've had around for a while with
a persistence volume containing ~/.gnupg from back around tails 0.21 or
so.

i found that talking to the keyservers via "gpg --search dkg" was
failing.

Looking deeper, i noticed that ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf contained:

keyserver-options http-proxy=http://localhost:8118/

When i changed that to:

keyserver-options http-proxy=socks5://localhost:9050/

Then keyserver searches started working again. It looks to me like that
value has been there for a long time, though.

Has something changed in tails that would make this value need to
change? how do we deal with upgrading configurations stored in
persistnece across Tails upgrades?

        --dkg