[Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Autor: spencerone
Para: tails-ux
Asunto: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
Alan,

> Alan alan[at]boum.org:
> I'm just answering to clarify a few misunderstanding, not to go on the
> discussion as I think we need sajolida and tchou to have a look for
> this.

No worries.

> I think there is still a misunderstanding here: "Guided configuration"
> vs "Basic" vs
> "Advanced" in the blueprint. [paraphrased]

Okay, so I have been clear on this, then. A few things to make sure we
understand each other:

• Guided/Assistant/Tour = Walkthrough [The word I have been using, as it
feels more accurate than the others, though this is not absolute and we
can use whatever is most appropriate].

• Misunderstanding. I was using the logic of opposites to describe the
'Guided Configuration' as 'Basic Configuration [Walkthrough]' [different
from the 'Basic' Screen], since I was looking at the more technical
configuration flow as 'Advanced Configuration'. See attachment 1.

• We are not combining the 'Guided Configuration' and the 'Non-guided
configuration' flows into one unified hybrid interface.

>> Spencer spencerone[at]openmailbox.org:
>> With the popover, can it be a whole screen pop-over, like iOS?
>>

> Can you elaborate on what is the "whole screen pop-over, like iOS"? I
> screenshot would be
> welcome. What do you see on it?

Yes, see attachment 2. The whole screen pops over. This is more neat
and tidy [not the interface shown, just the function], though it adds
much back and forth.

>> Isn't there much more to 'Formats' than selecting a country? This
>> would need some more dedicated >> space, that maybe can't be supported
>> by a popover,
>>

> Why?

Because, as seen in attachment 3, ignoring that the example is from
Windows, there are many options that could still be used in any given
country/region. For example, in the US, and I presume many other
places, considering date, it is common to see 03/03/2015 and 3/3/15
used, among others. I am not sure a single dropdown or popover will be
sufficient given all of the detailed preference options, as they might
require sub-dropdowns or sub-popovers to be effective. Is there an
existing wireframe/visual for Formats, or at least a content outline?

> We decided to go in 3 phases... I think that we try in Tails to have
> incremental plans. They
> showed to be a much more efficient way to make big plans actually
> happen!

I understand, no worries :)

Wordlife,
Spencer

p.s., is there a way to put images up for sharing without adding them as
attachments? I am unsure if they will arrive in the desired order.