Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-ux] Tails contributors meeting: T…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Public mailing list about the Tails project
Sujet: Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-ux] Tails contributors meeting: Tuesday February 03
u:
> KEN MCCALL:
>> Anybody in San Francisco care to meet for a Signing Party? I'm on 2nd street right across from where the NSA taps into the fiber optic backbone (611 Folsom Street).
>
> I appreciate your participation on some of the Tails mailing lists.
> But I don't think that a reply-to-all to the Tails contributor meeting
> mailing with an invitation to a face-to-face meeting - which has nothing
> to do with Tails per se - is an acceptable move and would kindly request
> you to not to do that again.

I find this funny :)

On the one hand, asking for face to face meeting in the context of Tails
might be awkward. On the other hand, we recommend on our website to
build web-of-trust to our signing key, and our public mailing lists
are... public and in that sense people on them might be willing to meet
in real life, signing keys based on official documents and all that
crazy stuff.

So thanks for your sincerity Ken, and sorry for the culture clash.

If you're in San Francisco and looking for OpenPGP keys linking to the
Debian or Tor ecosystem maybe you should check with Noise Bridge:

    https://www.noisebridge.net/

I'm not sure about what you'll find there but that's close by and
definitely worth a try.

--
sajolida