Re: [Tails-dev] Let's share username, /etc/hostname and /etc…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Abel Luck, Patrick Schleizer, freepto, matth
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Let's share username, /etc/hostname and /etc/host among all anonymity distributions
Hi,

[explicitly Cc'ing people from the Guardian Project, Whonix, Freepto
and Subgraph OS.]

I'm coming back on the shared username/hostname thing, that was
rediscussed a bit lately, with input from Freepto and pointers to
Subgraph OS code, on a Tails ticket:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5655

As you can see in my comment #6 there, it's unclear to me what's best,
between sharing fixed values and randomizing it. Each solution has
pros and cons. What do you think?