Re: [Tails-dev] Replacing TrueCrypt with cryptsetup 1.6 + do…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Replacing TrueCrypt with cryptsetup 1.6 + documentation?
Hi,

at the monthly meeting, we decided to go ahead with this plan:

- Tails 1.2 (October 2014): update the wrapper to point to
alternatives, ship cryptsetup 1.6, have documentation to open TC
volumes with cryptsetup.
- Tails 1.3 (January 2015): drop TC entirely.
- People are free to work on that earlier if they want.

I've translated this all in terms of sub-tickets of #5373.

Note that I've assigned to myself most of the work, but don't hesitate
stealing bits or all of it from me :)