Re: [Tails-dev] Simplifying the UX for I2P [Was: [review'n'm…

Autor: Kill Your TV
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Simplifying the UX for I2P [Was: [review'n'merge 1.1.1] I2P boot parameter, firewall rules, etc.]
On Sat, 2 Aug 2014 15:41:36 +0000 (UTC)
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed this while doing the code review:
>
> > +Once enabled at the boot prompt, I2P can be started manually
> > +through the menu:
> >
> >      Applications -> Internet -> i2p

> How about dropping that second step?
>
> I mean, once the user has opted-in for using I2P, we could as well
> integrate its startup with the rest of our NetworkManager hooks, and
> avoid them the need to start I2P by hand. No idea if/how/when the
> router console should be displayed, though, in that context.
> Probably related to #7437 somehow.

I thought that maybe the current I2P menu entry would be changed
to start the (upcoming) I2P browser and that I2P itself would be
started via NetworkManager because, as you note, the user made a
conscious decision to start I2P by explicitly requesting it at the boot
prompt (and later, at the greeter).

The console would be displayed when the "I2P Browser" is opened.

Sensible?

--
GPG ID: 0x5BF72F42D0952C5A
Fingerprint: BD12 65FD 4954 C40A EBCB F5D7 5BF7 2F42 D095 2C5A