Re: [Tails-dev] What to do about I2P in Tails?

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] What to do about I2P in Tails?
Hi,

> On 7/26/14, sajolida@??? <sajolida@???> wrote:
>> Regarding the "when", if we decide to do a first temporary step by
>> having an "i2p" boot option instead of an option in the Greeter, then we
>> don't have to wait for the new Greeter... It feels a bit like going
>> backward regarding our plans on the Greeter but we've been doing that
>> for truecrypt forever and the doc is ready...

Agreed, this looks like a good short-term plan, thanks!

>> That could be ready for Tails 1.1.1, no?

Yes. I think all it takes is adapting the doc + writing a live-config
hook that adds enable the needed credentials in sudoers, and makes the
I2P launcher visible. Anyone willing to give it a try? I'd be happy to
provide guidance and advice.

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (27 Jul 2014 01:57:23 GMT) :
> I wonder though if that also means that the firewall would be locked
> down by default?

I'm still not convince this buys us much (escalating privs to a user
that has no running service, in order to benefit from its special
firewall exceptions, doesn't seem so easy), *but*: if someone does the
additional work, and if the changes are not too risky and invasive for
a point-release, then it does seem possible, yes :)