Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] #7097 feature/torbutton…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] #7097 feature/torbutton-1.6.9.0
Hi,

merged, thanks. Congrats!

Other (non-blocking) comments:

The entry in debian/changelog for 1.6.9.0 seems to lack everything
that can be found in the 1.6.7.0 and 1.6.8.0 upstream changelog
sections, that hence don't appear anywhere in d/changelog, since these
two versions were not packaged. Perhaps changing debian/README.source
to use git-dch instead of plain dch would avoid such mistakes in
the future.

Regarding the version/Tor check, this is getting complicated enough
that a few lines explaining the whole thing in the design doc would
seem appropriate to me. I suspect the messages for the commits you've
mentioned in the merge request should be good basis for such text.
I think we're slowly, but consistently accumulating "technical debt"
by under-documenting how our browser is configured. OTOH, this is
a process I should probably have started myself back when committing
3241197, so it would certainly not be fair to put the burden of
documenting this all now on your shoulders. Care to file a ticket
about it, referencing the commits you mentioned?