Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI vs. VirtualBox

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: anonym
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI vs. VirtualBox
06/05/14 18:46, intrigeri wrote:
> hi,
>
> a core developer added some VirtualBox/UEFI compatibility notes in
> commit 349ebfe82. Thanks!

That was me.

> The thing is, these reports are about an ISO built from a commit
> I made on May 3rd; and, I only uploaded on the very same day a version
> of liveusb-creator that merged the latest changes in stable/devel. So,
> between the 1.0 release and May 3rd, feature/uefi was known to be
> broken as far as UEFI support is concerned.
>
> So, if the test ISO was built on May 3rd, it may contain a "wrong"
> version of liveusb-creator. Can the contributor who report this bug
> please check what version of this package was included in the
> test ISO?

liveusb-creator 3.11.6-33+feature.uefi.1

However, I don't think that's relevant as I was testing *DVD* boot from
the image I built. This was what I though the known issue was about
after I confirmed that DVD boot doesn't work with older VirtualBox
versions, like the one in Wheezy.

For the record, USB emulation in VirtualBox requires a proprietary
module which I'm not using, and doubt we want to support.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers!