Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/6608-OpenPGP-si…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/6608-OpenPGP-signature-verification-in-Nautilus
Hi,

anonym wrote (25 Apr 2014 14:04:44 GMT) :
> I tested it, and with the new shared-mime-info nautilus can verify
> .sig files generated with `--detach-sign` without issue. Public key
> and symmetrically encrypted files (both .gpg) also
> decrypt successfully.

Great, these were the major regressions in Wheezy that we wanted to
address in time for 1.1, thanks to seahorse-nautilus +
shared-mime-info.

> However, it gets confused with gpg's default file extensions for other
> types of signatures:

> * `--clearsign` creates a .asc file which nautilus associates with
> "Import Key" which fails with "Import Failed: Keys were found but not
> imported".

> * `--sign` creates a .gpg file which nautilus associates with "Decrypt
> File" which fails with "Coudln't decrypt file: <file>: No data".

> Renaming them to .sig throws the error "Couldn't verify file: <file>: No
> valid signatures found".

> Lastly, it cannot import keys exported without `--armor`; a dialog
> titled "Importing" is shown, with a progress bar that never advances. At
> least it can be closed with the "Cancel" button.

> Given how shoddy all this is, I'm not sure I want to merge this branch.
> What do you think?

I'll test every failure mode you've identified in Tails/Squeeze, and
I'll re-test with shared-mime-info 1.3 too, as it might fix some of
these problems.

I'll call every regression a potential blocker for 1.1, and I'll call
every non-regression a bug that can be addressed later, and will file
tickets + Debian/upstream bugs about it.

Thanks for these thorough tests! Don't hesitate filing a ticket in our
bug tracker to add automatic tests for this all ;)