Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

Autor: Nathan of Guardian
Para: The Tails public development discussion list, intrigeri
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

On March 7, 2014 8:12:38 AM EST, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
>Hi Nathan,
>
>Nathan of Guardian wrote (07 Jan 2014 18:13:10 GMT) :
>> I think our best bet will be to start with Ubuntu Touch or Firefox
>OS,
>> and strip it back to something you all are comfortable with putting
>the
>> Tails name on.
>
>It seems that the "TAILS" (sic) name has already been put on it quite
>prominently:
>
> * http://www.dailydot.com/technology/tor-anonymous-os-tails-freitas/
> * http://www.dailydot.com/technology/tor-anonymous-mobile-os-tails/
>
>I'm glad you are making progress on this (and I would be very happy to
>see the code and design documentation), but my personal feeling is
>that it's a bit premature to assume we'll be comfortable putting the
>Tails name on this, and let journalists think it will definitely be
>the case.
>
>Cheers!

I 100% agree. That journalist basically crawled the Tor winter meeting notes wiki and asked me some questions via email. I wrote back after the story came out and told him that he went way overboard with both the headline and the projection.

What I was trying to do was promote how great TAILS is now, and how in our mobile work we seek to emulate it.

>From here on out, I will come up with a unique name for the mobile effort (like with Orbot), such that there is no confusion to the official state or the actuall quality of the project itself.

Thanks for the feedback.

+n