Re: [Freepto] persistence

Autor: boyska
Para: freepto
Asunto: Re: [Freepto] persistence
On 19/12/2013 18:11, boyska wrote:
> I started to work on "auto-persistence" (yes, again!).
> 1) check-persistence: a simple, reliable command to check if the
> persistence is mounted

I improved this command, adding many "subcomands"; it can now find the
root device, root partition, and check if persistence is available at all.

> 2) freepto-device: a simple command to get the physical device that
> freepto is running from (ie: /dev/sdb1)

as said above, included in check-persistence

> 3) freepto-live-helper: a graphical assistant that shows you information
> given by previous commands

I wrote freepto-live-tray, which is a trayicon whose icon and tooltip
should make clear to the user what's the status of his persistence.
It still is quite rough, but it should be simple to add some buttons and
integrate it with...

> 4) freepto-makepersistence: a tool to add a persistence partition on a
> device

that is still completely missing

> You can try it out:
> http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/persistence/2013-12-18_18.14_v0.1.2-RC-2-g5f8803d-it_IT.UTF-8/2013-12-18_18.14_v0.1.2-RC-2-g5f8803d-it_IT.UTF-8.img
>
> go to Menu->System->Live helper

http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/persistence/2014-01-02_01.26_v0.1.2-RC-6-g4ae5697-it_IT.UTF-8/

oh, and happy new year!

--
boyska
"Conosco le abitudini so i prezzi e non voglio comperare ne' essere