Re: [Tails-dev] feature/remember_installed_packages : next s…

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] feature/remember_installed_packages : next steps
Hi,

On Sun, 12 May 2013 18:51:54 +0200 intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
wrote:
> Alan wrote (02 May 2013 22:10:29 GMT) :
> > On Wed, 01 May 2013 21:56:09 +0200 intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
> > wrote:
>
> > Currently, if
>
> > 1. I have a config file to install packages A and B
> > 2. I add package C to the config file
> > 3. I reconnect to the network
>
> > then I will end up with C installed.
>
> I think this is good enough. At least the notification message will be
> partly correct, and it will be quite clear to me that this feature is
> currently enabled.

Ok let's keep this behaviour.

I updated the ticked for a proposal for the UI:

    ## GUI to edit additional software packages configuration

    Design and implement a nice GUI to select additional software
    packages to make persistent persistent (possibly among those that
    have been installed during session).

    Proposal:

    - (preembre) merge the 3 APT persistence options : APT lists cache,
      APT packages cache, additional software packages
    - when Alice (logged with administrative privileges with additional
      software persistence setup) installs a package, she gets a
      notification "Do you want to reinstall this software package next
      time you boot Tails?" with a button to add this package to
      additional software packages
    - when Alice removes a packages incuded in additional software
      packages, the package is removed from the list of additional
      software packages and she gets a notification "The software
      package was removed from your additional software.".

Please comment. However, the GUI part is currently low priority for me.

Cheers