[Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/remove_gnome_proxy…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: Re: [Tails-dev] GNOME proxy settings, again
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/remove_gnome_proxy_settings [Was: GNOME proxy settings, again]
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (07 Apr 2013 08:25:19 GMT) :
> So, if we drop all GNOME proxy settings, then we have to torify
> Seahorse this way or another. Once no other GNOME application is
> supposed to connect to the network, I doubt we need a dedicated
> SocksPort for Seahorse -- let's simply use torsocks and the
> SOCKS port.

As discussed at the last meeting (yeah, that one was held privately
again, but that'll very probably change next month), we decided to
drop GNOME proxy settings and use torsocks for Seahorse.

Being bored, feeling lazy and waiting for the kernel update in
wheezy-security, I've just implemented this.

ticket: todo/remove_GNOME_proxy_settings__63__
branch: feature/remove_gnome_proxy_settings

Candidate for 0.19, so please review and merge in devel.
The ticket has test results for the usecases I could think of.