Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Jenkins setup: present and future

Autor: bertagaz
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Jenkins setup: present and future
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 04:10:08PM +0000, Abel Luck wrote:
> Amazing!
>
> As someone whose grappling with Jenkins and Android emulators, the idea
> of getting it working with a complicated vagrant setup is scary.

We don't really use vagrant for the jenkins build. We do explain to people
who wants to build Tails to use our vagrant scripts though, as in
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/

In jenkins, we use a kvm guest as build slave. As a lot of bricks can
change the build result, it's better to use the same tools as much as
possible everywhere.

So we just adapted the script we provide for our vagrant build so that it
also works for our jenkins builds.

> Props all around!

Thanks!

bert.