[Tails-dev] Tails Jenkins setup: present and future

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Tails Jenkins setup: present and future
Hi,

bertagaz and I have just spent quite some time together working on our
Jenkins setup.

Tails core developers can now push stable, testing, devel and
experimental branches to `gitolite@???:tails'.
Whenever they do this, an ISO image is built on builder.lizard.
The product of this build is kept there for a while.

Along the way, we have patched vagrant/provision/assets/build-tails to
make it support our Jenkins build setup too. The changes
(feature/jenkins-compatible-build-script) were merged into stable,
testing, devel and experimental. Vagrant users, please verify that the
script still works for you.

Next steps in terms of what's visible externally:

* publish build products on http://nightly.tails.boum.org/

  * automate mirroring process from our master Git repository to the
    clone on lizard, so that we don't have to push to a special remote

* automatically build Debian packages for our custom programs

See the roadmap for details:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/automated_builds_and_tests/#index3h1