Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/about_tails

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/about_tails
On 08/04/13 15:30, Alan wrote:
> Hi,

>>> According to th Desktop Menu Specification[1], the "Core" category
>>> means "Important application, core to the desktop such as a file
>>> manager or a help browser". That is unclear to me if when replacing
>>> a GNOME application by a custom one we should preserve tghis
>>> category. "GNOME" which means "Application based on GNOME
>>> libraries" should perhaps be removed too. Thought? The current
>>> version perserves all the categories of the original version.
>>
>> If there's no *visible* effect of removing Core, then I don't want to
>> maintain a bigger delta, nor discuss it any further. I've got other
>> bikesheds to pick a color for :)
>>
> Done. I thus ask for review and merge again.

I tested it as merged in experimental today and choosing "About Tails"
in the System menu causes a "Starting About Tails" to appears for some 5
seconds in the bottom panel, and then it disappears, and nothing else.

Trying to run tails-about from the command line returns the following trace:

amnesia@amnesia:~$ tails-about
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/tails-about", line 8, in <module>
    gettext.install("tails-about")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.py", line 493, in install
    t = translation(domain, localedir, fallback=True, codeset=codeset)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.py", line 478, in translation
    t = _translations.setdefault(key, class_(open(mofile, 'rb')))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.py", line 180, in __init__
    self._parse(fp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.py", line 337, in _parse
    tmsg = unicode(tmsg, self._charset)
LookupError: unknown encoding: CHARSET