Re: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-lang…

Autor: sajolida
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-language?
On 26/03/13 12:48, Matsa wrote:
> Le Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:02:01 +0100,
> intrigeri <intrigeri@???> a écrit :
>
>> hi,
>>
>> Matsa wrote (11 Mar 2013 17:53:06 GMT) :
>>
>>> Here is a short draft, please review and complete:
>>> [...]
>>> If no one oppose, correct or complete, I'll send it to the
>>> maintainers on transifex at the end of the week.
>>
>> Perhaps someone should first check if it's possible to have such
>> per-program messages on Transifex, to ensure this technical solution
>> is viable at all.
>
> Transifex doesn't seem to offer a proper way to convey such a message:
>
> In addition to the project's header message, there is
>
> - an announcement system, but it seems to allow only project-wide
> messages.
>
> - and a "Language team" feature. this feature is not actually
> available/activated: «The Tor Project does not maintain its own
> translation teams».
>
> The Transifex documentation doesn't say that much about those features,
> and, as a non-administrator user, I can't discern if they offer a proper
> answer.

I tried to play with that with the login we have but I couldn't find
more than you did. Another possibilty could be to prevent people to
translate, for example, into French using Transifex (if the French team
uses Git already). But I'm not sure you can limit the languages you want
translations to either.

I asked a question about that on the Transifex support page. If that
doesn't work I'll ask Runa to bug them about it, since they are a paying
customer.

http://support.transifex.com/customer/portal/questions/932760-how-to-work-in-paralel-with-transifex-and-git-