Re: [Tails-dev] Comments on Tails documentation

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Comments on Tails documentation
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (07 Apr 2013 20:25:12 GMT) :
>> doc/first_steps/bug_reporting
>> =============================
>>
>> describing screenshot content?
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> under "Write the report", the 5 bullet points add nothing useful to
>> the screenshot and can be removed (or moved to a "alt" attribute).

[...]
> Removed the screenshot in favor of the text with feeb3cb.

Great, but the comment was about the text and screenshot under "Write
the report". I guess this screenshot could go away too, then?

>> same situation with not-strictly-necessary text and alt-text: "Once
>> your email has been sent correctly ..."

> I'm not sure I understood that part of the comment.

This was yet another suggestion to avoid duplicating info between the
screenshot and the text. I see you fixed this by removing the
screenshot :)

>> How to write a useful bug report
>> --------------------------------
> [...]
> Tried something with 8dcae06. But that's only 45 % of the original word
> count :) Jokes apart, that can surely be improved, and ideas are welcome.

Looks like a very good start to me!

> If we cannot agree on an external resource to link about good password
> practices I propose to create a ticket for that (ie. for finding a link,
> not writing the doc).

I've no such link in mind. Anyone?

>> i find the use of bold text in the intro section to be distracting,
>> though i understand the motivation. if used generally as a house
>> style, i don't really object, but i don't recall that it is, and my
>> personal reaction is that it is not a plus.

> I use bold in text to make it scannable.
> See http://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-users-read-on-the-web/.

> But I agree that can also add distraction, and I'm surely not an expert
> on that technique. I've already been using it, for example in:

> https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/warnings/
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/fingerprint/

> Do you feel the same issue affect those pages too?

I'm just the messenger, so I suggest you ask velope on #tails :)

> In the case of KeepassX, the three things in bold are three strong
> arguments in favor of KeepassX. They could also be presented as a dotted
> list. For example:
> [...]
> Would that be an improvement?

Personally, I like it the way it currently is.

To end with, I suggest you point velope @ #tails to the changes you
made, and see if they're happy with them :)