Re: [Tails-dev] build experiences

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] build experiences
hi,

adrelanos wrote (04 Apr 2013 21:55:17 GMT) :
> Running the build instructions inside Virtual Box is unsupported?

I believe you're the first person who tries to use our Vagrant basebox
inside VirtualBox, which effectively means setting up
nested VirtualBox.

We obviously can't pretend we support things we've never tried
ourselves, but once someone makes it work, I don't see why we would
call it unsupported. So, it probably only needs someone who makes it
work and maintains it. Given you're the first potential user of this
setup that we hear about, this someone would probably be you :)

But... is nested virtualization supported by VirtualBox at all?

> Next thing I tried was building without rake inside Virtual Box with
> Debian Wheezy 64 bit. That didn't work either. And I guess, that isn't
> supported either?

As documented [1] "you need a running Debian Squeeze system" (and
then, live-build 2.x, while your failed build log indicates you're
trying to build with live-build 3.x, which is WIP [2]).

[1] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#index2h1
[2] https://tails.boum.org/todo/live-build_3.x/

> My options for building Tails probable boil down to getting Squeeze or
> waiting for Wheezy support? Is Wheezy support for the build environment
> planed?

See above. Help is welcome for the migration to live-build 3.x.