Re: [Tails-dev] Let's share username, /etc/hostname and /et…

Autor: Maxim Kammerer
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Let's share username, /etc/hostname and /etc/host among all anonymity distributions
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> I think we should not wait any longer for Maxim's input on that one,
> and I propose we just do it (todo/change_username_and_hostname
> ticket). Deadline: 0.17.2 final release, that is in a small week.

Sorry, I forgot. I meant usability in the sense of small cues, where
every single one can be considered unimportant, but summarily they
improve user experience. I.e., user / hostname are such cues when
working in a terminal. You can call it “look and feel” in this case. I
dislike changing such settings without a significant reason.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte