Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension [Was: Mike's March 20…

Autor: adrelanos
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension [Was: Mike's March 2013]
Mike Perry:
> #8511 might cause you problems if you use a $TOR_SOCKS_PORT env var with
> a value other than 9151, though. You may want to either add iptables
> redirect rule for 9151 or add an additional SocksPort line to your torrc
> rather than messing with TBB's socks port env vars for that reason.
> Changing the socks port at runtime will cause the issues mentioned in
> that bug.

Yes, that's basically a great idea. I just recently figured out how to
do it. I don't think iptables is good at moving localhost traffic to
lan, at least to my research.

So for next Whonix version rinetd will probable listen on 127.0.0.1 9150
(and 9050) and forward traffic to 192.168.0.10 9050, where the Gateway
listens. I think that's much more robust than messing with Tor Browser's
socks settings.