Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension [Was: Mike's March 20…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev, Mike Perry
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension [Was: Mike's March 2013]
Hi Mike and fellow Tails developers,

Mike Perry wrote (02 Apr 2013 02:55:20 GMT) :
> 5. I helped Pearl Crescent get a bunch of feedback on their Tor Launcher
> extension at the dev meeting and elsewhere. My current estimation is
> that shipping some running code in a TBB-alpha is still more important
> at this point than anything else, given the number of partially
> conflicting usability parameters involved. If you think otherwise, you
> should probably email me now before it's too late.

We, at Tails, should evaluate if and how this project would fit our
needs. Assuming we replace Vidalia with this extension some day, we
most probably would not want it to launch Tor, but merely control it.

Mike,

1. Any obvious showstopper, off the top of your head, regarding how
the Tor Launcher could be usable for Tails?
2. Will the "control a system-wide Tor instance, that possibly is
started or restarted after the Torbrowser" usecase be supported?

Starting points to look into this:

* ticket: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6009
* source: https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-launcher.git

I've created todo/Tor_Launcher to track this.