Re: [Tails-dev] [gdm-list] Custom greeter

Autor: Ray Strode
Para: intrigeri
CC: Martin Owens, tails-dev, gdm-list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] [gdm-list] Custom greeter
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> So, my questions are:
>
> * Is there any documentation for custom greeter writers?

Not really.

>   * Is the "custom greeter" usecase something the GDM developers are
>     interested to support on the long run?

It's not something I've given a lot of thought. Perhaps a better approach
would be a shell extension? That would require fixing the shell to allow
extensions in gdm mode, but that shouldn't be a big deal to add.

>   * Are you aware of any existing custom greeter for GDM 3.x?
>     Even a trivial proof-of-concept would do.

Here's the commit where the fallback greeter got ported to the new api:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdm/commit/gui/simple-greeter?id=1ec0665b631965b8c73277374dddde8b1d8b6d1e

I think Martin Owens at some point had an example greeter. I don't know if
he ever updated it for 3.4.

--Ray