[Tails-dev] Centralizing Git repositories

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Centralizing Git repositories
Hi,

as previously discussed (privately?), we'd like to have all of our Git
repositories in a single place, where we can create repos and manage
ACLs ourselves without delays, as well as setup IRC commit
notifications.

This is going to be a dedicated Gitolite instance hosted by
immerda.ch, since they've just answered positively every pending
question we had.

Their setup will allow us to:

  * create repositories ourselves
  * manage ACL ourselves
  * enable hooks on our repositories, once deployed and reviewed by
    them (given the hook we want is in the kgb-client-git Debian
    package, this should be pretty easy)

I've summed up the next steps on a new ticket:
todo/centralize_Git_repositories

... and updated todo/find_another_irc_commit_bot accordingly.

What can be done on our side right now is the KGB bot setup:

* find / adapt / create a Puppet module (needs no privs)
* setup the VM (needs sysadmin privs)