Re: [Tails-dev] remembering installed packages (from TODO)

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] remembering installed packages (from TODO)
Hi,

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:06:57 +0100 sajolida@??? wrote:

> > Also, I'm not convinced about all the strings displayed to the user,
> > and I'd like sajolida to have a look at it and suggest improvements.
>
> Yesterday, we proposed to use the term "your additional software". So
> that could become:

Let's adopt this proposal.

> « Your additional software
> Upgrading and installing your additional software... »

Rather than displaying one notification when it starts and one when it
finishes, I was considering displaying only one notification at the
end of a successful or failed upgrade.

> We're already using the gerund form in the notification of the time
> synchronization, so let's stick to that.
>
> « Your additional software
> The upgrade was successful. »
>
> « Your additional software
> The upgrade failed. [Hint] »
>
> Whenever the upgrade fails we should provide some more information to
> the user, that could include the following, maybe using a link to the
> doc:
>
> - more info or hints about why it failed
> - hints about what else could be tried to do the upgrade: check the
> network connection? restart?
>
> But I wouldn't like to be left with just a failure message...

Right. Do you think the following is good?

    "The upgrade failed."
    "That might be due to network issues. You can find more
    informations in the system log."

Cheers