Re: [Tails-dev] error 7424

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] error 7424
On 01/03/13 14:57, intrigeri wrote:
>> Then restarting the upgrade leads to error 7424.
>
> OK, that's the other bug that I've not come around to work on yet (the
> fact that I can't reproduce it does not help).

In the end, this was caused by a lack of space on the Tails partition.
The update process takes a lot of space on the partition while
decompressing everything several times. It ends up using around 3 times
the size of the IUK itself. So having another file of 80M on the
partition was enough to make it crash at some random point.

It was a bit silly from me to have this random file laying around, but
I'm glad we spotted a bug that would have shown up anyway (legitimately
or not) at some point.

>> 3. Another thing that bothers me is that I cannot find the place where
>> the tmp file is being downloaded. For example, if I try to `ls` the file
>> that is reported as the output file of tails-iuk-get-target-file I get a
>> "No such file or directory".

intrigeri told me there were many layers of abstraction, and in the end
I could find the file with another name. At the end of the process it's
renamed as expected.