Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/about_tails

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/about_tails
Hi,

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:57:38 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> Alan wrote (13 Mar 2013 18:40:36 GMT) :
> > Please review and merge the branch `feature/about_tails`.
>
> Great. I see a few things that should be fixed, see bellow.
>
> I think all translations should be preserved in the desktop file,
> not only those for a half dozen half-randomly chosen languages.

I preserved the languages that are supposed to be best supported by
Tails, but you're right that it makes sense to preserve all
translations, even those we don't have a team to verify: we can indeed
trust GNOME translation teams. I now preserved all translations in
which I can easily transform GNOME to Tails.

> > -Categories=GNOME;GTK;Core;Utility;
> > +Categories=GNOME;GTK;Utility;

According to th Desktop Menu Specification[1], the "Core" category means
"Important application, core to the desktop such as a file manager or a
help browser". That is unclear to me if when replacing a GNOME
application by a custom one we should preserve tghis category. "GNOME"
which means "Application based on GNOME libraries" should perhaps be
removed too. Thought? The current version perserves all the categories
of the original version.

[1]. http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/index.html

> I'd rather not see changes made without a clear reason.
>
> > +about_dialog.set_title=(_("À propos de Tails"))
>
> This looks wrong to me.

Sorry, that was indeed terribly wrong.

> > +about_dialog.set_copyright("Tails Developpers")
>
> s/Delevoppers/developers/ for consistency reasons + fixing the typo.

Fixed.

> I'll be happy to review (and test, this time) a fixed branch :)

All these issues should now be fixed, but the Categories one that we
should agree on. Sorry for the mess in the 1st version.

Cheers