Re: [Tails-dev] Tails web browser home page [Was: Training …

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails web browser home page [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
On 11/03/13 10:50, Chris Doten wrote:
> Would it be possible for the Tor project to provide an image link that
> dynamically serves a "You're using Tor!" badge if one is coming from
> the Tor network and a warning "Not on Tor" image if you're not?

I guess that would be technically possible. I think I though such a
ticket on the Tor tracker but the idea was discarded because it would be
super easy to spoof. It's easier to say "to check Tor do that and trust
the Tor website" than to say "to check Tor do that and trust that random
website". But I can't find again that ticket...

Anyway that would be something that would have to be implemented by the
people behind check.torproject.org so that's outside of the reach of Tails.

> That
> would be a more subtle but effective way to share that information.
> Obviously trivially spoofed but if you trust the hosting web site that
> shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe Runa can help us finding back that ticket and you can try to
convince them.