[Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too bureaucra…

Autor: adrelanos
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: [Tails-dev] documentation contribution process too bureaucratic?
Hi!

I made the assumption, that you'd like to have more people improving
documentation and thought may like to get feedback if someone feels
that something prevents people from contributing, like I do.

Taking this as an example todo item:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/document_timezone/

Looks fairly trivial to me. I don't know why this even requires a todo
item. You could just edit it in place.

It seems to me, you want, that someone creates a git branch with the
proposed changes, you'll discuss, revision, discuss etc. and finally
bring it online. That seems overkill to me and people who could be
sufficiently motivated to write such kind of documentation, I guess
many users, are not willing to learn git and to go through a
bureaucratic process.

My suggestion is, such changes can be made in place. The other editors
subscribe to changes and if they dislike something, they improve it
right in place. Naturally, most times a good version develops. This
works well for different wiki. Doocracy.

Well, and before an edit war starts, in rare cases where you want to
undo something, you can still start a discussion and come to a decision.

Cheers!
adrelanos