Re: [Tails-dev] autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training Journa…

Autor: Runa A. Sandvik
Para: intrigeri
CC: tails-dev
Temas novos: Re: [Tails-dev] autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Runa A. Sandvik wrote (04 Feb 2013 15:12:51 GMT) :
>> - Firefox will start automatically once you are connected to the
>> Internet.
>
> FWIW, I've proposed we don't do this anymore, pending discussion:
> https://tails.boum.org/todo/dont_autostart_iceweasel/

Great!

>> Most users did not wait for the Tails website to load before
>> entering another URL in the address bar. Users did not question if
>> they were actually using Tor.
>
> While I understand this could be an issue for the TBB, I personally
> don't think this is a problem for Tails: unless you do it differently
> on purpose, when you're using Tails, you're using Tor, and as
> a end-user one should not have to manually check or question this
> fact. Runa and others, do you think this is a problem that users act
> this way?

I am used to the Tor Browser Bundle and question everything. I like
having https://check.torproject.org/ as the Tor Browser's default
homepage to make sure that I really am using Tor. Users who switch
between the Tor Browser Bundle and Tails could probably benefit from
having the same "routine" with both tools/systems, e.g. waiting for
check.torproject.org to load before browsing to other sites.

--
Runa A. Sandvik