Re: [Tails-dev] Tails version and need for upgrade [Was: Tra…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Runa A. Sandvik, tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails version and need for upgrade [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
Hi,

Runa A. Sandvik wrote (04 Feb 2013 15:12:51 GMT) :
> - One user waited for the Tails website to load, saw the green
> download button and then asked if he needed to upgrade to a newer
> version.

Ah, interesting. We could perhaps hide the big download button on the
web page used as the browser homepage. What do you all think?

> I wonder if there is a way to let users know which version
> they are currently using.

The short answer is: they don't need to know, Tails will tell them
when they have to upgrade, and our bug reporting software will include
this information in the bug reports. But I'm obviously cheating :)

So, a way is to run `tails-version' in a terminal.

An easier way is to run the WhisperBack bug reporting tool, that adds
such information to the bug report, that one may look at.

Perhaps we could add a "About Tails" launcher in the "System" menu,
just bellow (or instead of) the "About GNOME" one?