Re: [Tails-dev] autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training Journa…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Runa A. Sandvik, tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] autostarting Iceweasel [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
Hi,

Runa A. Sandvik wrote (04 Feb 2013 15:12:51 GMT) :
> - Firefox will start automatically once you are connected to the
> Internet.

FWIW, I've proposed we don't do this anymore, pending discussion:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/dont_autostart_iceweasel/

> Most users did not wait for the Tails website to load before
> entering another URL in the address bar. Users did not question if
> they were actually using Tor.

While I understand this could be an issue for the TBB, I personally
don't think this is a problem for Tails: unless you do it differently
on purpose, when you're using Tails, you're using Tor, and as
a end-user one should not have to manually check or question this
fact. Runa and others, do you think this is a problem that users act
this way?