Re: [Tails-l10n] rtl support

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] rtl support
Hi,

hamahangi wrote (21 Feb 2013 18:50:05 GMT) :
> i've translated the tails-greeter program into persian

Awesome, thanks a lot!

> transifex's interface really messes up the display of code segments
> in right-to-left languages (i don't know if they can do anything
> about that).

I'm very sorry about that.

Is this a known issue in Transifex? If it's not known yet, perhaps you
want to report it to them?

> is there any way to check how it will look in the GUI right now, or
> do i have to wait for the next build?

The only way I can think of is to build a custom Debian package with
your PO file in it, and test the result. Is the PO file you're unsure
about the most recent Persian translation of tails-greeter that I can
retrieve from Transifex?

> would these problems be solved at all by using git, or should
> i stick to transifex?

I doubt the way you get and push PO files (be it Git or Transifex)
matters much. I guess it mostly depends on the GUI you use to edit the
PO files. Perhaps you could try downloading the PO file from
Transifex, and try using Poedit (included in Tails) to translate it?
If Poedit proves to be better than the Transifex web UI for your
needs, then we'll have to check if Transifex allows to upload a PO
file, or else you may have to go with Git..