Re: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge bugfix/disable-iceweas…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge bugfix/disable-iceweasel-extensions-auto-update
Hi,

Alan wrote (06 Feb 2013 15:31:59 GMT) :
> But in extension window, extension is still last updated today 06/02
> on a build of 04/02.

I can see the same in a Tails built from experimental and booted
*without* network => I believe this metric is useless (and the initial
analysis, that made me think there was a bug, was flawed).

> How did you test?

I don't remember if I did, nor how.

> Did you find documentation explaining this setting?

I've found none, but I've had a look at the source, that seems to
confirm what the name of the preference and the GUI suggest about
its meaning.

> Otherwise it looks good.

I don't think it actually fixes any real bug anymore, so I don't think
we'll be able to show an actual difference between the behaviour with
or without this branch merged.

But still, I think it's a good idea to set this preference to false,
to be extra careful.