Re: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge feature/adblock-from-b…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge feature/adblock-from-backports [Was: Freeze vs. sid's adblock-plus]
Alan wrote (06 Feb 2013 17:11:44 GMT) :
> Same issue as for 'newer barry' for some reason in my build *of the
> branch* there is a package in deb.tails.boum.org that overrides the
> entry in preferences.

Yes. Unless I'm entirely mistaken (which may very well happen), this
is entirely expected. See /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tails.list in your
build: I'm pretty sure it contains the `devel' suite, that contains
the custom xul-ext-adblock-plus we don't want.

This branch does nothing *in itself* than adding a snippet in APT
preferences, and *must* be merged into devel or experimental, *and*
xul-ext-adblock-plus removed from the branch merged into, to be worth
anything. This should now be the case in experimental, and should be
the case in devel once someone does the merge.

Please feel free to ask specific questions if this is still unclear :)
... as I don't know how to explain it again and better.