Re: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge feature/adblock-from-b…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review & merge feature/adblock-from-backports [Was: Freeze vs. sid's adblock-plus]
Hi,

Alan wrote (06 Feb 2013 16:01:42 GMT) :
>> Beware: when merging this branch, one needs to *remove* the
>> xul-ext-adblock-plus custom package from the `devel' APT suite.
>>
> This time I build directly from the branch.

This can't possibly work because then you'll have the `devel' suite
enabled, and you'll fetch the custom xul-ext-adblock-plus package
from there.

> However, same issue as with "newer barry": the package form
> deb.tails.boum.org (1005) is selected instead of the one from
> backports (999 set in preferences for the package).

Yes, entirely expected, sorry if it's confusing.

> Please fix this issue.

Experimental had the same issue as with barry: a buggy APT merge had
added back xul-ext-adblock-plus into it. Fixed (and should now be
testable) in there.

I don't see what more I could fix without over-engineer it. Now that
I've fixed the experimental APT suite, it can be tested from there,
and then the issue won't appear when the actual merge (into devel)
operation is done, that includes removing our xul-ext-adblock-plus
custom package from the `devel' APT suite, as documented in the
pull request.

Sorry for the mess.