Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - M…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - Mixmaster over Tor / Mixminion
hi,

adrelanos wrote (01 Feb 2013 11:52:12 GMT) :
> After learning how to use Mixmaster over Tor in Whonix in a rather
> complicated way, I thought, why haven't I used Mixminion instead, which
> doesn't require a mta.

> When ditching the anonymity aspect of remailers and just use the to send
> mail, in doesn't matter if Mixminion is even less anonymous than
> Mixmaster, if we discard that altogether and rely on Tor for anonymity.

> It was removed from Debian. I find no reference on debian.org why it has
> been removed.

> Do you have a hint for me how to find the package removal log?

The last news item [2] pointed from the mixminion PTS page [1]
says that the reason was: "RoM; abandoned upstream".

According to Debian Developer's Reference 5.9.2:
RoM == Request Of Maintainer.

Conclusion: use the PTS :)

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mixminion.html
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mixminion/news/20100715T083855Z.html