[Tails-dev] Off-topic section in forum

Autor: Alessandro Grassi
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Off-topic section in forum
Hi,

quite a number of people, in the Tails forum, ask questions not
strictly related to Tails, but rather to Tor or general
anonimity/privacy topics. They're almost always told to discuss such
topics somewhere else, because the project has few developers, and
they can't handle all of them and Tails development too. I agree.

But IMHO, saying "please go talk somewhere else" may mistakenly sound
like "we don't like newbies here" to them, and maybe discourage them
from using Tails. Instead, we should provide something like an
"off-topic section" where they can discuss about privacy and
anonimity, and where competent and volunteering users can answer to
them.

Of course, users should be given appropriate warnings about it:
- Tails developers do not directly support this section
- do not blindly trust what anyone says, but ask for sources
- do not feed the trolls
- and so on...

To not waste work, this could be implemented when the new forum is
adopted (https://tails.boum.org/todo/improve_the_forum/).

Let me know what you think of it.

Greetings
Alessandro