Re: [Tails-dev] packaging tails_htp -> sdwdate

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] packaging tails_htp -> sdwdate
Hi,

adrelanos wrote (26 Jan 2013 14:19:48 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>>> Since the Debian folder shall not be added to the upstream package by
>> When one is both upstream and package maintainer, one generally uses
>> one packaging branch and one upstream branch in the *same* repository.
>>

> Maybe I misunderstand,

I think you do. Great news is that this should not be the case anymore
after you read this message :)

> not experienced after all, but I was reading the FAQ:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What.27s_wrong_with_upstream_shipping_a_debian.2F_directory.3F
> It states it's undesirable.

It does not. It states it's undesirable for *upstream* to ship
a debian/ directory in their tarball, which is totally orthogonal to
what I have been discussing. There's nothing in there about upstream
or packaging Git repository layout, nor about using branches vs.
separate repository for packaging.

I really suggest you look at e.g. parcimonie's Git repository [1] to
get an idea of a way it's often done these days when upstream and
packager are the same person.

[1] git://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/App-Parcimonie.git