Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.17 release

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] Major / minor releases [Was: Tails 0.17 release]
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.17 release
On 11/01/13 01:18, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll be acting as the release manager for Tails 0.17. I'll be happy to
> share the fun, the work and responsibility with anonym when he is
> back, or possibly someone else. E.g. I'll be able to release RC2, but
> then I'll most probably be unavailable from the 23th on for a week, so
> help will be needed at least there. (It would probably not be
> reasonable to skip RC2 and aim for releasing the 22th, that is only
> 3 days after the ESR is out.)
>
> Here's the preliminary release schedule for Tails 0.17:
>
>   2013-02-01 - 2013-02-04  HackFest --> iceweasel + torbrowser/FF17
>   2013-02-05               freeze
>   2013-02-07               Tails 0.17~rc1
>   2013-02-19               iceweasel 17.0.3 ESR is out
>   2013-02-21               Tails 0.17~rc2
>   2013-02-26               Tails 0.17

Great, thanks for sharing that schedule.

But there's a question I've been willing to ask for some time.
Only major releases have been published since Tails 0.13 in September.
That's fine with me but that doesn't match with what is been announced
on the website:

"The idea is to put a major Tails release out every 12 weeks, plus a
point release in between."

How is it?

>   * screen locker: I'd be delighted if someone (anonym?) took the work
>     where it was left at and brought it into good shape :)
>   * feature/minitube: Alessandro, how's the patch upstreaming and
>     auditing going? It would be totally awesome to have Minitube
>     in Tails soon!
>   * feature/set-wireless-devices-state: it's been in experimental for
>     more than a month, but it lacks actual testing, design and
>     end-user documentation, so unless someone else than me finishes
>     this in January, I fear it won't make it into 0.17. Any taker?
>   * incremental updates enabled by default: the developer in me has
>     scheduled some time to work on that again in January, but the
>     release manager in me is not totally convinced this effort will
>     result in releasable code before the freeze. Still, I think it's
>     worth working on the end-user documentation now.

I'm on it.