Re: [Tails-dev] minitube (Youtube client)

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] minitube (Youtube client)
Hi,

Alessandro Grassi wrote (11 Jan 2013 18:47:28 GMT) :
> 2012/12/18, intrigeri <intrigeri@???>:
>> Did you already send this patch to them, by the way?
>> (If not, I encourage you to do so :)
> I sent a mail to the mantainer but he didn't answer (yet).

OK, good to hear. I suggest pinging them every month if needed.

I must say that the lack of a public upstream bug tracker bothers
me slightly.

BTW, according to his Twitter feed, upstream is going to release
Minitube 2.0 soon (strings frozen today).

>> Great! How about searching the source for code that accesses the
>> history (probably basing the search on the place / name of the files /
>> storage methods that contain the history) too? This code may, or may
>> not, contain the "recent" word.

[...]
> There is a similar function for recent channels. There are no other
> references to "recentKeywords" and "recentChannels" in the code.

OK, great, thanks for the research!
What version were you looking at?

I've added a summary of this information to the ticket, and generally
updated to clarify the next steps:

https://tails.boum.org/todo/minitube/

(To be as clear as possible, I'm happy to go on working on the Debian
side of things, and do some ticket gardening, but I don't think I'll
take the lead on the other action items on this topic any time soon.
Alessandro: I suggest you ask help for the bits you don't think
you'll take care of :)