Re: [Tails-dev] Idea: document creating Tails USB thumb driv…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Idea: document creating Tails USB thumb drive via VirtualBox
Hi,

Lukasz Dobrogowski wrote (08 Jan 2013 22:53:54 GMT) :
> However, this seems not true. If I understand
> https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#idp11494896 correctly,
> USB 1.0/1.1 (OHCI/UHCI) passthrough is implemented as free software

Great news!

> USB 1.1 is IMHO good enough for installing Tails on a pendrive,

Sure, agreed.

> so... who's up to writing a tutorial on this? ;-)

How about starting by trying to clone Tails onto a USB stick using
this USB 1.1 support, and in the process, quickly writing down every
step that's needed (including copy'n'pasting the exact error messages,
GUI elements phrasing)? This surely would make it a lot easier for
anyone who will want to write the tutorial :)