[Tails-dev] Please review removal of duplicate "quiet" boot …

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Please review removal of duplicate "quiet" boot parameter
Hi,

we had a bug report asking to avoid adding "quiet" twice on the kernel
command-line, so:

commit 4d466017ec4a20369e9846a6e86975b6b77853d0
Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
Date: Wed Jan 9 16:07:00 2013 +0100

    Simplify documentation of kernel command-line parameters for debugging.

    Now that "quiet" is only set once, no need to be that verbose.

commit bbabba7bad40c6caeb9867fe81eb7ff2eeb57803
Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
Date: Wed Jan 9 16:04:03 2013 +0100

    Don't add "quiet" to the kernel command-line ourselves.

    Else, it appears twice as live-build's lb_binary_syslinux adds it too.

    Historically, we've been adding it ourselves on top of that because some other
    live-build's bootloader config handling scripts (such as lb_binary_yaboot) do
    not add it, but since we gave up the PowerPC support attempt, we're now only
    interested in syslinux, so let's make it easier for the general case, e.g.
    when one wants to remove the "quiet" parameter as suggested by our faulty
    startup debugging documentation.

Given the 0.17 freeze is still pretty far away, we'll have plenty of
time to spot any regression caused by these seemingly trivial commits,
I took the liberty to avoid some overhead and push them directly into
devel. Please review if you care :)