Re: [Tails-dev] Please review doc/accessibility

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review doc/accessibility
On 06/01/13 13:58, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sajolida@??? wrote (06 Jan 2013 09:44:25 GMT) :
>> I thought that could go directly into master after review.
>
> Merged :)
>
>> I also tried to use gnome-mag (the `magnifier` command) and I was not
>> able to find real documentation for that. The website [1] is almost
>> empty. It's a command line tool so I linked an online version of the man
>> page as documentation. But to me it seems like you really need to know
>> how to use it beforehand. Apart from the it starts fine and seems to
>> work all right. On the other hand, Orca can also magnify the screen and
>> has a graphical interface to configure that.
>
>> So to me they look like duplicates, but maybe it doesn't hurt to include
>> gnome-mag as some people might be already used to it.
>
> On my Wheezy system, magnifier(1) reads:
>
>        The GNOME magnifier (gnome-mag) provides a command-line
>        interface for standalone use, although its primary goal is to
>        provide a set of magnification services for use by other client
>        applications and assistive technologies, like Gnopernicus, Orca
>        or LSR.

> And gnome-orca on Squeeze Recommends: gnome-mag.
>
> So I guess the magnifier feature of Orca may not work without
> gnome-mag installed.

Ok, so gnome-mag is the magnifier backend for GNOME Ocra. When I enable
the magnifier option of Orca it actually does start the `magnifier` program.

In that case maybe it's not worth to mention it as such in our
documentation. I mean, it's not a particularity of Tails to have both
installed but a simple consequence of having Orca installed with all the
recommended packages. So I guess that people that might use `magnifier`
directly would already know that.

In that sense can you have a look at commits ea638ba..98b1a0c?