Re: [Tails-dev] Replace Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the regu…

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/regular-gnupg-agent [Was: Replace Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the regular one?]
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Replace Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the regular one?
Hi,

[...]
>   * Desktop freezes when reading several OpenPGP -encrypted messages
>     in a raw with Claws Mail (todo/fix_claws-mail_with_gpg)
>   * Blocks integration of OpenPGP smartcards usage within graphical
>     tools (todo/support_OpenPGP_smartcards)

> Both problems are fixed by replacing Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the
> regular `gpg-agent'. This was implemented in the
> feature/regular-gnupg-agent branch, and seems to work fine.
> Merged into experimental.
>
> I'm almost tempted to propose it as a bugfix for 0.16, but I realize
> it's late in the cycle, and we won't have a RC2 to detect regressions,
> so I'm totally unsure.
>
> Thoughts are welcome, both wrt. the inclusion in 0.16, and about the
> general idea.
>
> (Ticket: todo/regular_GnuPG_agent)

Well I think we would loose nice UI integration into GNOME which will
especially become visible when we'll switch to wheezy/GNOME3. But as
long as the bug are not fixed in Seahorse (for the smartcard) and we
didn't switch to Icedove/Thunderbird (for the freeze) that seems be to
be the good way. It will be easy to revert if these bugs are fixed
later on.

However, it seems me too late too wide change to include in 0.16. I
would perfer to get more feedback and include in 0.17.

Cheers