[Tails-dev] Claws mail and GnuPG agent

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Claws mail and GnuPG agent
Hi,

Tails currently configures GnuPG to use the agent. Unfortunately this
is buggy and the second time the agent is called it freezes not only
claws-mail but also metacity and thus makes the desktop unusable.

I found a way to read encrypted email in claws-mail without typing the
passphrase each time and without using the buggy agent feature. I use
it since quite some time now and it works. I don't know however how
safe this feature is. Once sombody have investigated this we might want
to include it in Tails.

The related configuration bits from .claws-mail/clawsrc follows:

[GPG]
use_gpg_agent=0
store_passphrase=1
store_passphrase_timeout=10