Re: [Tails-dev] Benchmarking Redmine

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Benchmarking Redmine
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (18 Nov 2012 13:56:04 GMT) :
> Therefore, Ague benchmarked Redmine (thank you) against a list of
> actions that I felt were needed for usage without a web browser --
> that may be offline usage, or for those of us who simply like it
> better this way.

> So, I think we should now evaluate and discuss the results [1],
> and decide whether we feel it's good enough. Let's go.
> [...]
> To sum up, only one drawback seems really painful for me. IMHO, this
> is greatly compensated with the advantages to switching to a better
> task manager, so I think it's certainly good enough.

> What about you?

Alan told me he has more or less given up on Bugs Everywhere, and was
OK with us going with Redmine. I believe he and I were the only ones
concerned with the shortcomings of Redmine in offline mode, and
a month has passed since the call for feedback, so I guess we can now
consider we have decided to go with Redmine.

I've updated todo/better_task_manager accordingly.

Next things to do are:

  * test the plugins we're interested in
  * make sure our offline doc makes sense without `todo/*` and
    `bugs/*`
  * migrate!

Any takers?