[Tails-dev] Tails

Autor: johnaberforth
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Tails
Hey!

first time i tried tails today and i loved it, nice and clean working environment.

But the happy journey had a short ending. I could not use countermail ( www.countermail.com) , due to lack of java and i could simply not manage to install it. I believe this is the easiest and safest encrypted email service right now.

I could also neither log out, lock the system, hibernate or sleep the computer.

I use my live system 24/7, its always on , i install it once and then i never shut it down unless i have to. The system is protected by a password and if leave the desktop i just sleep it, lock it or log off. This give me a great security and comfort. If i had to reboot every 10 minutes my life would be a hell. My dream OS would boot up with java and support for openvpn so i dont have to rely on TOR. Tor is slower and has its disadvantages. You should give the user the possiblity to use openvpn. Java works in ubuntu , but i really liked the look of tails. But Openvpn does not work in the live system of ubuntu/kubuntu..... only on desktop mode since it requieres reboot after installing plugins. Also i fill my usb stick to 100%. take some songs, a big movie and you can have 0kb of space left to right to. This could be a feauture for Tails, that it selfexpandes and copies some jibberish till the drive its on is full. Also a turn on/off function for those who wish to use it.

Also i was impressed by how fast it booted. A plus point definitely.

This email is sent anonymously through countermail.com
/Johnaberforth@???